Sri Lankan national arrested in India, two others escape
A Sri Lankan national, was arrested at Uchipuli Valangapuri coast near Rameswaram while two others escaped into a nearby forest, Tamil Nadu police said today.
Sagaya Stephen from Thalaimannar was seen moving around in suspicious circumstances near the coast last night along with two others when he was arrested, ‘Q’ Branch inspector N Rajeswari said.
The two others managed to escape into a nearby forest, she added.
The trio had come from Thalaimannar by a fiberglass boat, she said.
Police also seized the boat which was fitted with a Suzuki engine.
Enquiries are on to find out why the trio had come to the town.
Police had on Monday recovered more than 50 boxes of abandoned ammunition, 41 light machine guns, 22 machine guns and five landmines near Thangachimadam area in Ramanathapuram district.
The explosives were recovered after occupants of the house alerted police to what they had discovered while a septic tan
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023