Sri Lankan nurses to get UK jobs
Sri Lankan nurses will be trained at the British Council and provided jobs in the UK, Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne said.
Dr. Senaratne also said arrangements have also been made to provide jobs for nurses in the US, through a private nursing faculty.
A nursing faculty will be establish in Sri Lanka at a cost of Rs. 12,500 million, he said.
(Source: Daily News – By Nadira Gunatilleke)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023