Sri Lankan nurses to get UK jobs
Posted in Local News
Sri Lankan nurses will be trained at the British Council and provided jobs in the UK, Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne said.
Dr. Senaratne also said arrangements have also been made to provide jobs for nurses in the US, through a private nursing faculty.
A nursing faculty will be establish in Sri Lanka at a cost of Rs. 12,500 million, he said.
(Source: Daily News – By Nadira Gunatilleke)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Yes, Support the main export of Sri Lanka, People. To do laborious work like nursing, cleaning, domestic servants , and menial jobs.
There are lots of hard, back breaking jobs that natives don’t want to do, Don’t worry we have a highly qualified staff with degrees from Sri Lankan universities to that sort of jobs.
After all we need the foreign revenue to support our luxuries living and buying expensive cars etc.
SL nurses have been going to UK since 1960s. May be he is planning to export our nurses and get Indian nurses.
Yes what happen to those nurses who went there in 1960s. They lost there dignity, there families and the country’s well.
It is ok if you a dedicated to be a nurse and it is rewarding. But if you go for sake of going abroad then you will find your mistake the moment they ask you to wash a dead bodies or bed pan clearing service.
It will be like the people who went to work in middle east will end up in tears.
As long as they get the foreign revenue they don’t care to what happen to this innocent people.
Rajitha = a Nurse?
A new Era?
Before planing to arrive in uk.first of all make ensure that their status and their language skills. In here sl always use ” yes no , do no , there is a problem no, always no no. Still iam struggling to recognize what is that no no.These no no will not be shine and accepted in uk.So Dr.rajitha give them a smooth advice, especially to get rid of those rotten no no.
Moreover Mr.Ranjith deeply affected with these kinds of profession I hope so.