Sri Lankan President denies CEB Chairman’s claims on Mannar Wind Power Project to Adani Group
Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa today (June 11) categorically denied a statement made by the Chairman of the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) with regard to awarding a Wind Power Project in Mannar.
Taking to his official Twitter handle, the President said he categorically denies authorising to award this project to any specific person or entity.
“I trust responsible communication in this regard will follow,” the President added.
Re a statement made by the #lka CEB Chairman at a COPE committee hearing regarding the award of a Wind Power Project in Mannar, I categorically deny authorisation to award this project to any specific person or entity. I trust responsible communication in this regard will follow.
— Gotabaya Rajapaksa (@GotabayaR) June 11, 2022
Appearing at the Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) hearing in Parliament of Sri Lanka yesterday (June 10), the CEB Chairman said that he was told by the Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was insisting that 500 MW wind power plant be awarded to the India’s Adani Group.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023