Sri Lankan Prime Minister orders to impose curfew in Western Province and Emergency Law island-wide
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, as the acting President has ordered the imposition of Curfew in the Western Province and Emergency Law declared island-wide with immediate effect.
Prime Minister Wickremesinghe also ordered the security forces to arrest those acting in a riotous manner and take into custody the vehicles they travel in, the Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement.
The directives come into effect with the large crowds that have gathered outside the Sri Lankan Prime Minister’s Office down Flower Road in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023