Sri Lanka’s Acting President tells Speaker to name a new Prime Minister to form an All-Party Government
Sri Lanka’s Acting President and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe informs Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena to nominate a Prime Minister who is acceptable to both the Government and Opposition.
On Monday (July 11) the Prime Minister held a meeting with the Members of the Cabinet at the Prime Minister’s Office, Prime Minister’s Media Division said.
All the ministers who participated in this meeting were of the opinion that as soon as there is an agreement to form an all-party government, they will hand over the responsibilities to that government.
The Prime Minister’s Media Division said the ruling party and the opposition must form an all-party Government.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Of course, now watch Moda-Dasa refusing this position once again. His party commands the true opposition, but this Modaya cannot think beyond his nose! His intelligence is not even a fraction of the cunning, calculating, strategizing, skills – all needed to be an astute politician today – that his father had.
Most probably the Acting PM will be Denesh Gunawardane!