Sri Lanka’s Acting President tells Speaker to name a new Prime Minister to form an All-Party Government
Sri Lanka’s Acting President and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe informs Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena to nominate a Prime Minister who is acceptable to both the Government and Opposition.
On Monday (July 11) the Prime Minister held a meeting with the Members of the Cabinet at the Prime Minister’s Office, Prime Minister’s Media Division said.
All the ministers who participated in this meeting were of the opinion that as soon as there is an agreement to form an all-party government, they will hand over the responsibilities to that government.
The Prime Minister’s Media Division said the ruling party and the opposition must form an all-party Government.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023