Sri Lanka’s Mathews out of remaining limited-overs games vs Australia
Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews has been ruled out of the remainder of the one-day series against Australia due to a calf muscle injury, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said on Friday.
Mathews limped off during his knock in the fourth one-day international as Australia secured a six-wicket win in Dambulla on Wednesday, giving the visitors an unassailable 3-1 lead heading into the final game in Kandy on Sunday.
The 29-year-old will also miss the two Twenty20 matches against the Australians.
“Angelo’s MRI and clinical symptoms are both consistent with a medial calf muscle injury. He is not expected to be available for the remainder of the Australian series,” SLC said in a statement.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023