STF arrest Harak Kata’s Leading gunman ‘Kadira’
The leading gunman of the notorious criminal figure Nandun Chintaka alias ‘Harak Kata’ was arrested at a lodge in Boralesgamuwa yesterday night (August 14), the Police Special Task Force (STF) said.
The arrestee was identified as 27-year-old, Prabodha Kumara alias ‘Kadira’ from Midigama area in Weligama.
Preliminary investigations uncovered that ‘Kadira’ had been conspiring a crime while staying at a lodge in Boralesgamuwa. A firearm and 17 grams of heroin were also taken into custody from the possession of the suspect.
‘Kadira’ is connected to a series of crimes including rape, murder, and theft, said Sri Lanka Police adding that the suspect on the instructions of ‘Harak Kata’ shot and injured two men in Weligama identified as ‘Chooti Mama’ and Roshan alias ‘Jacka’.
He has been handed over to the Matara Crimes Prevention Division for further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023