Sri Lanka decided to further limit Government expenditure
Sri Lanka decided to further limit Government expenditure in view of the ongoing economic crisis.
Accordingly, it is reported that a special circular in this regard has also been issued.
The Sri Lanka Government has informed the Secretaries of the Ministries to strictly follow the instructions given by the Treasury regarding expenditure restraint.
It has been decided to suspend the hiring of new buildings for government offices or entering into new lease or lease agreements until further notice.
It is also stated that the approval of the Treasury should be obtained before extending the existing contracts for obtaining vehicles for government purposes.
It has also been informed to reduce the use of paper as much as possible and to carry out the necessary activities through electronic communication methods.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023