STF deployed in Haliela after post election violence
Posted in Local News
Security has been tightened in the Haliela area, in the wake of clashes between UNP and UPFA supporters yesterday.
The Police Special Task Force (STF) has been called in to provide security in the area, police spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said.
Several vehicles were damaged while one person was wounded following the attack in Haliela yesterday, police said.
Former MP and UNP Chief Ministerial candidate Harin Fernanado’s vehicle convoy and supporters were reportedly the target of the attack.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023