Student dies after school wall collapses in Wellampitiya
A 06-year-old child has died while five other students were injured after a wall of Weragoda School in Wellampitiya collapsed on a group of students.
Accordingly, several students were rushed to the National Hospital in Colombo, while another was admitted to the Lady Ridgeway Hospital in Colombo.
Hospital sources confirmed that one of the five students receiving treatment at the National Hospital is in critical condition.
However, the student admitted to the Lady Ridgeway Hospital has not sustained any serious injuries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023