Student Exchange Programme between Sri Lanka and AG Gymnasium Isernhagen, Germany
Under the student exchange programme between Sri Lankan schools and Gymnasium Isernhagen in Hanover, Germany, which started in 2007, five students from Colombo Ladies College visited Isernhagen Gymnasium in Germany. The association SLAGI organized the exchange programme.
The Sri Lanka students had a memorable times with their host families and Gymnasium students and exchanged their knowledge, experience, feeling of friendliness and happiness. The students also enjoyed a comprehensive sightseeing programme in the German capital Berlin including a guided tour to the Parliament, visit to Holocaust Memorial, Checkpoint Charly and East Side Gallery.
Explicitly welcoming the long standing and good relations between Gymnasium Isernhagen and schools in Sri Lanka, Ambassador Sarrath Kongahage invited the Principal of Isernhagen Gymnasium, Mr. Manfred Möller, with the students from Sri Lanka and Isernhagen Gymnasium to the Embassy. Responding to the Ambassador’s query regarding the experience and impressions the Sri Lankan students gained in Germany, the students stated that among many other things they were mostly impressed with the way the German citizens abide by the traffic regulations and rules, the importance the German government gives to the planting of trees in every city and town, excellent highways and the friendliness of the people.
A group of 13 German students will be visiting Sri Lanka in March 2013 under this programme. They will be staying with Sri Lankan families in Negombo.
Sri Lanka Embassy
24th September 2012
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023