Sudarshani, Lasantha, Erick resign
Posted in Local News
Dr Sudarshani Fernandopulle, Lasantha Alagiyawanna and Eric Prasanna Weerawardena of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party have decided to resign from their respective Deputy Ministerial portfolios.
They said that their resignations were “to contribute for the future of the SLFP.”
Fernandopulle and Alagiyawanna, who was the Deputy Minister of Rural Economic Affairs, were sworn in before President Maithripala Sirisena on March 22 while Eric Weerawardena took oaths as the Deputy Minister of Ports and Shipping on June 10.
Addressing a news conference, they said they have tendered their resignations to the President today.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
They have gone back to MR where they rightly belong