Sudden fire in Kurunegala hospital drug storage
A fire has been reported at the pharmaceutical storage facility of the Kurunegala Teaching Hospital at around 11 am this morning (05).
Several fire engines of the Kurunegala Municipal Fire Brigade have been dispatched and are currently attempting to douse the flames.
The damage caused by the fire has not yet been identified
Kurunegala Police have launched investigations into the incident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023