Sugar tender allegations unfound – Secretary
Recent allegations on certain sugar and ethanol sales by Lanka Sugar Company are unfound as due procedures have been followed, said the Secretary to the Ministry of Industry and Commerce T.M.K.B. Tennakoon.
The Secretary addressing media yesterday in Colombo added that the tenders were called as per specified procedures and prices were decided transparently.
Weekend Sinhala newspapers had reported a tense situation in the Cabinet Meeting regarding “disposal of sugar and Ethanol (wholesale) at lower than market price”. The institution that came under scrutiny was Lanka Sugar Company, under the Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023