Sujeewa Senasinghe announces quitting politics
Former non-cabinet minister of the yahapalana government Sujeewa Senasinghe announced yesterday that he would quit politics.
He had also stepped down as the SJB Deputy Secretary, Senasinghe said.
Senasinghe said that he intended to focus on his business in the future and that he would commence work on his PhD from January 2021.
He unsuccessfully contested the Aug 05 general election from the Colombo district on SJB ticket.
Senasinghe commenced his political career as a member of the Western Provincial Council of the UNP. He was elected to Parliament twice from the same party.
He earned notoriety by publishing a book denying the bond scam ever took place.
(Source: The Island – By Akitha Perera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023