Summons to three persons including the IGP to be present in Court
Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundera, former Secretary to the Treasury P. B. Jayasundera and the Director of the Anti-Corruption Committee have been issued with summons ordering them to be present in Court on 13 May.
The three-member panel of judges from the Special Court in Colombo issued these summons today (06).
This is with regard to the case against the former President’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath.
The Attorney General had filed the case against Gamini Senarath and three others under the Public Property Act for allegedly misappropriating Rs 500 million funds belonging to Litro Gas Lanka by investing in ventures including the Helanko Hotels & Spa hotel project, from 1st of February 2014 to 20th January 2015.
Piyadasa Kudabalage and Neil Bandara Hapuhinna and Lasantha Bandara have been named as the other three defendants of the case.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023