Sunil Handunnetti re-appointed Chairman COPE
JVP MP Sunil Handunnetti has been re-appointed the chairman of the parliamentary watchdog committee – COPE (Committee on Public Enterprises).
This appointment was made during the COPE meeting held at the Parliamentary complex yesterday.
The Committee of Selection, which met on Jan 24, in accordance with Standing Order 120 (1) of the Parliament, appointed 16 members to the COPE.
Ministers Anura Priyadharshana Yapa, Susil Premajayantha, Mahindananda Aluthgamage, Dayasiri Jayasekara, Jayantha Samaraweera and Mohan Priyadarshana de Silva and MPs Rauff Hakeem, Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe, Harsha de Silva, Ajith P. Perera, Sriyani Wijewickrama, Ranjan Ramanayake, Ashok Abeysinghe, Sunil Handunnetti, Mavai S. Senathirajah and D. V. Chanaka were appointed as new members of the COPE.
(Source: The Island – By Rathindra Kuruvita)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
You have treated a lot to our motherland.
Bravo Sunil and Bravo JVP! This is really your place – these investigative/inquiry committees and commissions!
With always getting pathetically low popular votes at every election (which is you own doing! you just don’t have it in you to offer the voters a national, patriotic, strategic vision for security nor economic imperatives of the nation!), yes you are best suited to be the ‘guard dogs’ of the nation to keep our other politicos in check.
However, even in that area you failed – by propping up the former Yahapalanaya mega crooks – but with some good work to apologize to the nation and show that you made a huge mistake then, I say you can still be good ‘guard dogs’ and we must give you your due place in our society!