Suspect arrested over shooting incident in Panadura
A suspect was arrested in connection with the shooting in which a 32-year old man was killed at Pallimulla in the Panadura North Police division on Monday, the Police said.
The victim was heading towards Panadura in a three-wheeler with two others and was killed after being shot by two unidentified gunmen who came in a motorbike wearing full face helmets and jackets in front of the Pallimulla supermarket in Panadura, at around 9.15 am on the 25th of January.
According to reports, the arrestee is a 27-year-old who was inside the three-wheeler.
Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said three police teams have been deployed to arrest the other suspect.
He said the arrested would be detained for further questioning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023