Tamil Nadu fishermen allege attack by Sri Lankan Navy – PTI
More than 2,000 Indian fishermen were on Sunday forced to return from sea without a catch after they were allegedly attacked by Sri Lankan Naval personnel, the PTI reported.
Though nobody was injured in the attack, several boats suffered damages, President of the Fishermen Association, Sesuraja said.
Fishing nets of the fishermen, who ventured into the sea in more than 500 boats, were also damaged. The Sri Lankan Navy also warned them against fishing near Katchatheevu, following which all of them returned to the shores this morning, he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023