Tamil Nadu fishermen allege attack by Sri Lankan Navy – PTI
Posted in Local News
More than 2,000 Indian fishermen were on Sunday forced to return from sea without a catch after they were allegedly attacked by Sri Lankan Naval personnel, the PTI reported.
Though nobody was injured in the attack, several boats suffered damages, President of the Fishermen Association, Sesuraja said.
Fishing nets of the fishermen, who ventured into the sea in more than 500 boats, were also damaged. The Sri Lankan Navy also warned them against fishing near Katchatheevu, following which all of them returned to the shores this morning, he said.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
they should not let in to our watters these sea pirates should arrested boats siezed and fined
we should streanthen or coat gaurd and see that no fisher enter Sri-:Lankam waters this fisherman smugle drugs in the country any one caught with drugs shou;d be hanged