Task Force appointed to build a secure country
A 13-member Presidential Task Force has been appointed to build a secure country, disciplined, virtuous and lawful society.
The Task Force is Chaired by the Secretary of Defence Rt. Major General Kamal Gunaratne.
The Task Force was appointed under powers vested in the President under Article 33 of the Constitution.
The Task Force is expected take immediate steps to curb illegal activities of social groups that violate the law that is emerging as harmful to the free and peaceful existence of society in some places of the country and take necessary measures for the prevention of the drug menace, prevent entry of drugs from overseas through ports and airports and to fully eradicate drug trafficking in the country and prevent other social illnesses caused by drug abuse.
The Task Force is also vested with the responsibility of investigating and preventing any illegal and antisocial activities in and around prisons.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023