Tense situation in Kahawatta
Posted in Local News
A tense situation prevails in Kahawatta as angry mobs have set fire to two houses after they heard a suspect was arrested by the CID in connection with the double murder in Kahawaththe earlier this year.
The two houses belongs to a UPFA Pradeshiya Sabha member and his brother who is believed to have been taken into custody by the CID last night.
The victims of the murder, a mother and daughter, were identified as Kavindya Chathuranganie (19) and Nayana Nilmini (52). Several police teams under the direction of the senior DIG in charge of the Sabaragamuwa Province have been deployed into the area.
The murders took place in the Kotakethana area in Kahawatta between January 31 and February 2
Courtesy: DM Online
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
No problem. Mr.President will build better houses for them on government account. Also these thugs will be released soon under the executive powers of the president. We can see a very good example that Mr.Dumunda Silva still not arrested. So this incident also will be same as that.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
but not all ways you can do that if the people stand against dirty game no one can save no one,