Lankan woman has left her mark in every field – First Lady
The Sri Lankan woman has left her mark in every field ranging from science to art, First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa said in a message to mark International Women’s Day. The message: “ I find great pleasure in the fact that International Women’s Day celebration of Sri Lanka would be held in a meaningful manner. “The women of Sri Lanka finds success on a daily basis and give meaning to being a woman. She has managed to leave her mark in every field ranging from science to art.
The four positions in the legal field are held by women, this itself is proof of the Sri Lankan women’s success. “The efforts she puts in to attaining a higher education is evident by the number of women from rural areas bringing light to society and filed of finance and politics.
To protect this success for tomorrow, we must protect our little girls today. This is my ultimate wish today.”
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023