TESO plans protest at Sri Lankan Deputy Mission
DMK-backed Tamil Eelam Supporters’ Organisation (TESO) today announced holding a series of events over the Lankan Tamils issue, including picketing of the Sri Lankan Deputy High Commission in Chennai on March 5.
TESO will also hold a meeting in Delhi on March 7 in which various political parties and human rights organisations are expected to participate, TESO member and Dravidar Kazhagam president K Veeramani told reporters after a TESO meeting chaired by DMK chief M Karunanidhi.
“On March five, a picketing of the Deputy High Commission will be held. On the same day DMK and VCK MPs will stage a protest outside the Parliament,” he was quoted as saying by PTI.
The March 7th TESO meeting would discuss various matters pertaining to Sri Lankan Tamils, including their livelihood issues, he said.
He slammed the alleged killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran’s 12-year-old son Balachandran and said this was indicative of “war-crimes” by the army during the last phase of the Eelam War.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023