The displaced to be resettled in highland areas
Minister of Health Maithripala Sirisena says that measures will be taken to provide settlements in the highland areas for those affected by floods in the Polonnaruwa district.
‘We have informed those living in displaced camps on a previous occasion as well. There are several areas which get inundated usually. However, when the water recedes the people refuse to move to other locations from their original dwellings..We are now providing the affected with there daily needs.
We will also take measures to relocate them in highland areas in the future,’ stated Minister Maithripala Sirisena.
Minister Maithripala Sirisena paid a visit to look into the welfare of the displaced in the Kusumgama, Gallella area, in Polonnaruwa.
Source: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024
- Manna Roshan’s brother killed in Hanwella shooting March 4, 2024