Thirteen PNB officers further remanded
13 officers attached to the Police Narcotics Bureau, who were arrested and remanded for re-selling seized narcotics to drug racketeers, have been further remanded until the 31st of August.
The order was issued by Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne.
However, the suspects were not produced before the court today. The court was informed that the suspects are currently held at the Agunukolapelessa prison and will not be produced before the court due to the COVID-19 pandemic precautions.
The hearing was postponed to August 31 and the Magistrate ordered for a progress report on the investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023