Suspect apprehended for trying to bribe Dompe OIC
An individual, who had attempted to offer Rs.200,000 as bribe to the OIC of Dompe Police, has been taken into custody by the Bribery Commission.
The arrestee is a resident of Petiyagoda area in Kelaniya.
He has reportedly tried to prevent legal action against 02 suspects who was arrested in possession of 1kg of cannabis.
Meanwhile, a former employee of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) was arrested for demanding a bribe of Rs. 26,000 to arrange a transfer for a current employee at the labour office.
The arrest was made based on the information received by the Public Relations Division of the Presidential Secretariat.
The suspect was caught in the act, while he was accepting Rs. 21,000 of the sum he demanded.
In another development, a planning office of the Urban Development Authority’s Matale district branch was taken into custody for accepting a bribe of Rs. 50,000.
It is reported that he had solicited this bribe to prepare the documents required to obtain the approval to fill a land.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023