Three Policemen interdicted over Moratuwa shooting
Posted in Local News
A sergeant and two constables who were on duty when gunmen opened fire at a hotel in Soysapura, Moratuwa, have been interdicted over the incident, Police said.
Unidentified gunmen had opened fire at a hotel in Soysapura, Moratuwa, at 12:30 am yesterday and fled the area in a car. While several police teams have been deployed to apprehend the suspects, the three Police officers have been accused of failing to take necessary steps during the shooting incident.
Police suspect that the shooting was a result of a dispute between the present and previous owners of the building.
Further investigations are being carried out over the incident.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023