Three State institutions brought under Public Security Ministry
An extraordinary gazette notification has been issued bringing the Department for Registration of Persons, the Department of Immigration & Emigration and the National Dangerous Drugs Control Board (NDDCB) under the purview of the Ministry of Public Security.
The gazette notification, amending duties and functions of the relevant ministries, has been issued today (05) by President Ranil Wickremeisnghe with powers vested in him under paragraph (1) (a) of Article 44 of the Constitution.
NDDCB was previously under the Ministry of Defence, Immigration & Emigration Dept. was under the Ministry of Investment Promotion while the Department of Registration of Persons was under the purview of the Ministry of Technology.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023