Three vehicles; one accident
Two persons were killed and two others sustained injuries in a road accident which had taken place in the Bobella area in Naula at around 8 p.m. yesterday.
Police sources stated that the accident had taken place when a three wheeler and a motorcycle traveling in the same direction had collided with a private bus. The two persons who were traveling on the motorcycle had succumbed to their injuries. The driver of the three wheeler and the passenger had sustained injuries.
The driver of the bus has been arrested in connection with the incident. The deceased were residents of Mahaoya and Nawula. The postmortem is due to be conducted today.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023