THREE-YEAR-OLD JUMBO DIES CAUGHT IN RAGING WATERS IN HABARANA
The raging waters caused by the incessant rains spared no man nor beast in its path. When nature unleashed it fury across the land, this little pachyderm had little chance of survival.
The tiny jumbo got swept away by the raging floods. Whether he breathed his last by drowning or by getting his skull cracked when he hit this tree while being swept down, no one would ever know!
When the Newsfirst cameraman spotted him, he was dead, stuck among the branches of this tree in the Hathareskotuwa area in Habarana.
He was just three years old!
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023