Tissa Attanayake released on bail
The Colombo High Court granted bail to former General Secretary of the United National Party Tissa Attanayake, who was in remand custody.
Tissa Attanayake was released on a personal bail of Rs.25,000 and four personal bails of Rs.500,000 each. Court also prohibited him from travelling overseas.
The case will be taken up for examination on a daily basis from March 20, 2017.
Tissa Attanayake was remanded on three charges including preparing forged documents in the run up to the 2015 Presidential Election.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023