TNL TV transmission tower at Polgahawela sealed by TRC
Posted in Local News
The transmission tower of TNL TV at Polgahawela was sealed by the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) today.
An official at TNL TV told the Colombo Gazette that the TRC had sealed the tower on the basis that an overdue payment had not been made to operate the towever.
The official said that it is the opinion of the TNL TV management that the tower was sealed as the TV network had aired a news report critical of President Maithripala Sirisena.
The TV news report had questioned the President’s criticism of the 100 Day program.
TRC is headed by the Secretary to the President.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023