Top CWE officials including chairman interdicted
The chairman and the transport manager of Co-operative Wholesale Establishment (CWE) have been interdicted with immediate effect.
The decree was made by Trade Minister Bandula Gunawardene until the conclusion of disciplinary inquiries against the duo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023