Traffic plan for Colombo Night Race
Roads in Colombo Fort, used as the track for the Colombo Night Race and several junctions to enter Colombo city, will be closed on December 16 and 17, from 6 pm to 6 am, on each day, the Police Public Relations Unit has announced.
Police Media Spokesman SP Ajith Rohana said that no roads will be closed during the day time on December 16 and 17. The temporary traffic plan will be used to minimize traffic congestion during the race hours.
Buses and lorries will not be allowed to enter Fort from 6pm to 6 am on the following day at Kollupitiya junction, Pittala junction, Ibbanwala junction, Gamini roundabout, Ceynor junction, Khan clock tower roundabout.
All vehicles will not be permitted to enter towards Colombo Fort from 6 pm to 6 am on the following day at, Galle Face roundabout, Regal roundabout, Khan clock tower, Olcott Mawatha, Ceynor junction.
Buses and other vehicles entering Colombo Fort along the Galle road and vise versa are advised to take the route from Galle road to Kollupitiya junction, Pittala junction, Lipton square and turn right at Ibbanwala junction and proceed to Maradana junction and via Technical junction to Colombo Fort. The PPR Unit also has announced that buses and other vehicles from Havelock road to use the following route to enter and depart from Colombo Fort.
They should proceed via Soyza roundabout, turn right at Ibbanwala junction go to Maradana junction and then via Technical junction to reach Fort and turn at Ceynor junction to return.
Vehicles heading towards Fort along other roads should turn at Ceynor junction and take the same route back.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023