Travel ban imposed on Ajith Nivard Cabraal extended
The foreign travel ban imposed on former Central Bank governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal has been extended until December 15.
A private complaint filed by former Governor of the Southern Province, Ranjith Keerthi Tennakoon was called before Colombo Magistrate’s Court this morning (November 24).
When the case was taken up by Colombo Additional Magistrate Harshana Kekunawala, the attorneys representing Cabraal raised preliminary objections against the proceeding with the matter.
Accordingly, the attorneys who appeared on behalf of the plaintiff were ordered to present written submissions on December 15 pertaining to the preliminary objections raised by the defence.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023