Two government websites come under cyber attack
The websites of two government entities have suffered a cyber attack this morning (30), says the Cyber Security Centre of Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF).
Accordingly, the official websites of the Ministry of Public Administration, Home Affairs, Provincial Councils & Local Government and the Sri Lanka Foreign Employment Bureau (SLFEB) were hit by the cyber attack.
SLAF said the attack was monitored by the SLAF Cyber Security officers and informed the relevant ministries as soon as possible.
The Computer Emergency Readiness Team / Co-ordination Centre (CERT|CC) also conformed about the cyber attacks and they are in the process of restoring the websites.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023