Bus batteries now unusable – Owners
The All Island Private Bus Owners Association says more than 4,000 batteries of buses have malfunctioned as they were not in use for almost two months.
Chairman Gemunu Wijeratne said they hope to enlighten the subject Minister on the matter in order to obtain concessions from the government.
He explained that more than 20,000 Private buses are available but the batteries in 1/5th of the buses are unusable.
Wijeratne said the Association has informed the subject Minister and they hope to address the issue in the near future.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023