Bus batteries now unusable – Owners
Posted in Local News
The All Island Private Bus Owners Association says more than 4,000 batteries of buses have malfunctioned as they were not in use for almost two months.
Chairman Gemunu Wijeratne said they hope to enlighten the subject Minister on the matter in order to obtain concessions from the government.
He explained that more than 20,000 Private buses are available but the batteries in 1/5th of the buses are unusable.
Wijeratne said the Association has informed the subject Minister and they hope to address the issue in the near future.
(Source: News Radio)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023