Two Indian cricketers meet President Rajapaksa after receiving Ayurvedic treatments in Sri Lanka
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Indian opening batsman Gautam Gambhir and left-arm fast bowler Ashish Nehra met with President Mahinda Rajapaksa at Temple Trees on Monday evening after receiving Ayurvedic treatments in Sri Lanka. Both players who are playing for Delhi Daredevils received treatments in Sri Lanka for the injuries obtained while playing in the current IPL.
According to the Presidential secretariat they were treated by reputed Ayurvedic doctor/ physician Eliyantha White at the request of President Rajapaksa and earlier, Indian Star batsman Little Master Sachin Tendulkar also had been treated successfully in Sri Lanka by doctor White. Sachin’s treatments also requested from doctor White by Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The two cricketers thanked President Rajapaksa when they met him at Temple Trees and also Doctor Eliyantha White for their speedy recovery. Gambhir and Nehra also thanked their team mate Tillakeratne Dilshan for recommending special Ayurvedic treatment in Sri Lanka and making arrangements for it through President Rajapaksa.
Dr white also has treated Sri Lankan fast bowler Lasith Malinga and veteran batsman Sanath Jayasuriya for their sport injuries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023