Mob attacks private broadcaster in Sri Lanka
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka – An employee says an unidentified gang has attacked the head office of a private broadcasting company in Sri Lanka. Three employees were injured in the second attack on the broadcaster in just over a year.
Shevan Daniel, an employee of Maharaja Organization, says about 200 people suddenly gathered Monday outside the office in the capital Colombo and threw stones at the building.
Daniel said he did not know who the attackers were or what their motive may have been.
Maharaja Organization has three television and four radio channels.
Last year, a group of armed men attacked its studio and transmission compound, tossing hand grenades, spraying the building with gunfire.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023
- ‘Palestine will win’: Sri Lanka businesses raise funds for war-ravaged Gaza November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka President leaves for Dubai to attend the COP28 November 30, 2023