Two killed, 29 injured as bus crashes into container truck in Ambanpola
Two persons were killed and 29 others were injured after a bus collided with a parked container truck at Ambanpola this morning (July 10), the Police said.
It is reported that this bus was carrying a group of pilgrims who were returning home from the Kuragala Ancient Buddhist Monastery.
The deceased includes a 32-year-old and a 71-year-old passenger, both residents of Thalawa.
Six females and a male are receiving treatment at the Abanpola Hospital while another 18 females and 04 males are being treated at the Galgamuwa Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023