Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe
Two officers of Alawathugoda Agrarian Service Center have been arrested by the Bribery Commission for soliciting a bribe of Rs. 100,000.
The arrest was made following a complaint filed by an individual in Alawathugoda.
According to reports, the two suspects had asked for a bribe of Rs. 100,000 to issue a reclamation certificate for a plot of paddy cultivation land in Malgamandeniya.
Thereby, an Agricultural Research & Production Assistant and a Regional Agricultural Development Officer have been caught red-handed when they were accepting the bribe.
The suspects will be produced before the Matale Magistrate Court, the Bribery Commission said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023