Two persons including baby die following an accident in Pallama
A woman and a one-year-old baby were killed when a motorbike collided with a lorry in the Anamaduwa Bangdeniya area of Pallama last night (April 9).
The motorbike was being driven by another woman at the time of the accident while three others including the two victims and another child were also traveling on the bike.
A 70 year old woman and the one year old boy died after sustaining injuries in the accident.
The other two victims, the 32 year old mother of the baby and her four year old daughter, were rushed to the Chilaw hospital, police stated.
The lorry driver was taken into custody following the accident.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024