Two robbers fleeing with cash worth Rs. 2.9 million arrested
Posted in Local News
Two persons have been arrested over a robbery of Rs 2.9 million from a financial institute in Akuressa, at around 2 pm today (01), states the Police Media Spokesperson.
Police said the suspects were arrested along with a locally made firearm, following a information received by a police team at the Akuressa Police when the suspects were fleeing with the cash.
They said the cash was robbed when it was being prepared at the financial institute to be deposited in a private bank.
The suspects who are aged 32 and 35 were identified as residents of Hakmana and Dikwella.
Further investigations are carried out on the matter.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023