U.S. President Obama praises positive transformation in Sri Lanka
The U.S. President Barack Obama stated that the positive transformation taking place in Sri Lanka at present is exemplary to the world and he assured his fullest support for the development of Sri Lanka.
The U.S. President has made this remark when he interacted with President Sirisena during the luncheon hosted by the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon for the Heads of States who are participating in the United Nations General Assembly held in New York.
The President was also scheduled to attend the State Dinner hosted by the US President Barack Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama.
The U.S. President Barak Obama, addressing the United Nations General Assembly for the last time as the U.S. president condemned the acts of terrorism and called for a global cooperation to eliminate this menace.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Why have World leaders made President Sirisena a ‘pin-up’ guy?
He is being praised all over the place by World leaders while Sri Lankans (including MR and the JO) are enjoying throwing mud at him.
Can we, in this Blogsite, come with a 100 reasons for his international admiration and another 100 reasons why mud is being thrown at him, locally?
Whatever said, President Mathreepala Sirisena is an exceptional leader.
He has stepped into this role when the Nation required a leader of exceptional capability.
We should be thankful for this presence at this point in the evolution of our history.
You know there is a famous saying most stones are thrown at the tree that has a lot of fruit,
Mr and his goons will keep criticizing only for the reason that President Sirisena beat him at the election formed a national government leading the country to development