U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo arrives in Sri Lanka
Secretary of State of United States, Michael Richard Pompeo (Mike Pompeo) has arrived in Sri Lanka a short while ago (27) for two-day bilateral discussions, says the U.S. Embassy in Colombo.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the U.S. State Secretary undertaking this official visit to Sri Lanka on an invitation extended by his Sri Lankan counterpart, Foreign Minister Dinesh Gunawardena.
During his visit, Pompeo will hold official discussions with the Sri Lankan leadership.
The Foreign Ministry in a statement said, the discussions during the visit will cover several areas of the multifaceted engagement between the two countries.
Secretary of State Pompeo is the highest-level U.S. dignitary to visit Sri Lanka during US President Donald Trump’s term.
Thereafter, Secretary Pompeo will travel to Malé and Jakarta.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
Why wasn’t Pompeo isolated for 14 days?
Did Pompeo bring a ‘Covid Free’ certificate from an accredited Agency, less than 48 hours old?