Udaya Gammanpila arrested by SIU
UPFA Colombo District Parliamentarian and Pivithuru Hela Urumaya (PHU) leader Udaya Gammanpila says he has been arrested at his office in Pagoda Road, Nugegoda.
The MP says that he is currently being taken to the Police Special Investigations Unit (SIU).
Gammanpila has been accused of using an allegedly fraudulent Power of Attorney to sell shares of a company while he had been questioned on several occasions by the SUI over this.
According to the complaint, the 4.1 million shares which is of Rs.110 million in value solely belonging to Australian businessman Brian Shadick had been fraudulently sold by Gammanpila.
SSP Mevan Silva of SIU stated that the UPFA MP was arrested based on a complaint with regard to defrauding shares of a company using a forged power of attorney.
Udaya Gammanpila will be produced at the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court today (18), he said.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Another one arrested! For how long? At this rate there will not be a single none arrested person in Sri lanka.
Please don’t worry. This is pure political witch hunting of the Yahapalanayaists.
After a couple of days or maybe a couple of weeks, you will be out on bail.
After that, you will be permitted to go overseas for medical treatment.
While undergoing medical treatment overseas (which your good friend, the Health Minister has failed to provide) you can attend to the overseas Bank Accounts which you have.
Before you go overseas, contact Mr Bond Mahendran for advice on how to deal with overseas bank accounts. He is an expert. Also, don’t forget to bring a 1 million rupee suit for Mr Bond M. He will love it.
Good work but this is not enough to this MR’s c*** sucker.
Al wathurath dan hondata niwala bonawa athi neda
have patience guys this is the beginning
very soon he will have all his companion with him