Unemployed graduates to protest opposite Fort Station
The Combined Association of Unemployed Graduates will hold a protest opposite the Colombo Fort Railway Station today and will engage in a protest march demanding the government to fulfil promises to employee another 10,000 unemployed graduates.
The Association alleges that while Cabinet approval has been granted for the appointments, a specific date has not been announced for the move.
Chairman of the Association Tenne Gnanananda thera claimed the Association believes the government is attempting to drag the implementation of the programme till another election.
The thera requested the President and Prime Minister to intervene and grant appointments for the graduates.
Gnanananda thera said the Association reached a decision to hold a protest against the actions of the government.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023