UNICEF and Australia deliver oxygen concentrators and other equipment to Sri Lanka
UNICEF, with the support of Australia, has procured and delivered a consignment of urgently needed oxygen concentrators and other vital equipment to the Ministry of Health in support of Sri Lanka’s ongoing response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Sri Lanka is currently experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases with a daily average of nearly 2,000 since the beginning of May.the current trajectory is putting a strain on the country’s health system which has been vital in preventing a worst-case scenario since the onset of COVID-19 in 2020.
The items include,291 oxygen cylinders,342 oxygen regulators,2,490 masks for adults and children,and 20 fire extinguishers. australia’s overall package of support to Sri Lanka for its COVID-19 response totals LKR 952 million (AUD 6.2 million) and is focused on bolstering health security, promoting social cohesion and stability for Sri Lankan communities and supporting economic recovery.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023