Unit 2 of Norochcholai power plant out of order while Kelanitissa power plant shut down for 6 weeks
The Unit 2 generator of Lakvijaya Power Plant in Norochcholai is inoperative from Friday night (November 17) due to the high-pressure heater system of the generating unit having suffered an emergency breakdown, the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) says.
Meanwhile, the Unit 3 of the Norochcholai power plant, which remained deactivated since June 2023, has completed the scheduled major overhaul maintenance work and is now undergoing a test run.
Meanwhile, the Kelanitissa Combined Cycle Power Station, which generates 165 MW of electricity, will be shut down for 6 weeks from Friday (November 17) for scheduled maintenance of both its gas turbine and steam turbine.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023