UNP in support of electoral system changes
News Courtesy: Ada Derana
UNP Spokesman, Gayantha Karunathilakesays that the United National Party supports the proposed changes to the Local Government electoral system. He said that even though further clarification is needed the party in general agrees with government on the changes.
The Galle District Parliamentarian in reply to a question by the media said that the UNP leader and the Speaker of the Parliament have not been informed regarding the decision taken by 25 members to sit as an independent group in Parliament.
Gayantha personally admitted to their being a noticeable delay in the UNP party reforms however added that the reforms will take place in the near future.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023